Fish Pie Dish
This fish pie recipe is quick and easy to cook. Anyone can make this delicious fish pie dish for dinners. Fish has many important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D. It is also the best source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are most important to your body, and brain. Fish is incredibly helpful to your eyes. White-fleshed fish, in particular, is lower in fat than any other fishes, and it has also much quantity of vitamin B. As far as fitness is concerned, vitamin B play an important role in cell metabolism. B vitamins can actually increase the rate of your cell metabolism, that help your body to burn more energy and maintain your weight. Fish is important for your skin as well as it boosts your immune system.
|Garlic||2-3 cloves ( chopped)|
|White fish fillet||500 grams (boneless and skin removed cubes)|
|Fish stock||100 ml|
|Plain flour||50 grams|
|Heavy cream||100 ml|
|Parsley||2 tab spoon|
|Mushrooms||1 cup (sliced)|
|Dried thyme||1 tea spoon|
|Mustard powder||½ tea spoon|
|Black paper (crushed)||to taste|
|Lemon juice||1 tab spoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese||2 tab spoon|
|Double crust pie pastry packages||12 ounce|
|Oil||2 tab spoon|
- Steam the spinach and peas in the steamer and then chop the spinach and set aside. Place the butter, bay leaves and plain flour in a saucepan and cook it just 2 minutes. Then gradually add milk, fish stock (you can also use chicken or vegetable stock) and use whisk continuously. At that time, discard the bay leaves.
- Season with salt, mustard powder and freshly crushed black paper and stir until thick and smooth paste that calls roux. Then add cream, ½ cup cheddar cheese parmesan cheese mix gently and set aside.
- In another pan, place oil and chopped garlic and saute, then gently add fish and stir fry for about 4-5 minutes. After that add sliced mushroom steamed peas and spinach and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Then season with lemon juice,( salt, paper) to taste, dried thyme and mix roux gently and remove from the heat.
- Place the mixture in the greased baking dish and the remaining cheddar cheese and parsley on the top. Then roll the pastry with the dust of flour. Cut into the long strips.
- Brush the edges of dish with egg so that pastry not to stick, set the pastry strips and brush the egg wash on the top. Bake it for about 20-25 minutes until pastry becomes golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve hot.