Lean proteins like chicken breast, tofu, nuts, and beans can increase your metabolism. Protein is harder to digest than fat, salt, and sugar, and thus requires that the body work harder. This increase in energy expenditure will boost metabolism. If you enjoy chicken or turkey, bake or grill them. Fried chicken and other meats will only add empty calories to your diet. Avoid processed meats like hot dogs, bacon, salami, sliced beef, and fast food burgers. These are linked to cancer and heart disease. Do not eat processed cheese or dairy. This includes cheeses that have been mixed with lots of salt or emulsifiers. Nacho cheese and other liquified cheeses should be avoided.
Just as unhealthy food and processed foods will inhibit your metabolism, healthy foods will accelerate it. Fruits and vegetables are at the top of the list of products that naturally raise your metabolism.
Almost every fruit or vegetarian will do
- Turn on more green leaves such as spinach, lettuce, and kale. Tasty fruits such as apples, strawberries, and pineapple are also great.
- If you do not like to eat salad and fruit, try sauteing or baking an asparagus or eggplant.
- If you are still on the road, think about investing in a good mixer and get your fruit and vegetables in the form of cocktails.
- Whole eggs are among the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, eye-protecting antioxidants and brain nutrients that most people don’t get enough of.
- Almonds are a popular type of tree nut. They are loaded with important nutrients, including fiber, vitamin E, manganese and magnesium.
- Oats are among the healthiest grains on the planet. They are loaded with healthy fibers, magnesium, manganese, thiamin (vitamin B1) and several other nutrients.